Friday, May 12, 2006

I Spy With My.....

It's been recently reported that the NSA (National Security Agency, or what we were previously led to believe, No Such Agency) has been forcefully collecting phone records of millions of U.S. citizens from major carriers. It's a sad state of affairs when the U.S. government is using fear of terrorism to abuse it's power and invade the privacy of millions of innocent people. It should be noted that Qwest Communications did not buckle under threats made by the NSA and helped keep it's customers rights from being violated. I would hope in the future more companies would follow Qwest's example.

|

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Pliny said...

I would prefer that they collect my data rather than my remains, comrade.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Brandon said...

When you give up freedom for security, you no longer have either.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

free hit counter
Days Inn Hotels Savings

iWEBTOOL Top Sites
Free webmaster resources including SEO Tools, Computer Glossary and Webmaster forum.

  • Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
    the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

  • Top 10 Blogs